The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G has a white USB Type-C in its box, a SIM ejector tool and some leaflets. There is no screen protector, pre-applied or otherwise, no case and no power adaptor.
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G specifications summary:
- Body: 159.6×74.8×8.1mm, 189g; plastic body, glass front; IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins).
- Display: 6.50″ Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 800 nits (HBM), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68.
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 12, One UI 4.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7X”, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123-degree, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 5 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 25W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); Virtual proximity sensing.
The front of the phone is almost entirely flat, and the AMOLED screen is protected by a flat piece of Gorilla Glass 5. The glass is known for its good shatter resistance, though it isn’t as great as scratches are concerned. Note that if you put a glass shield on, you will also need to re-register your fingerprints for better accuracy. Weight distribution is great weighing 189 grams.
The Galaxy A53 5G carries forward the camera setup of its A52s 5G predecessor. A wide, ultrawide, macro and depth sensor Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7X”, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123-degree, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 5 MP, f/2.4 setup. And a 32MP selfie cam.